Friday, January 13, 2006

Pictures at last!

` You didn't forget that I'd gotten a crappy little 1600x1400 digital camera for Christmas, did you?

` Today, I finally decided to take the plunge and hook up the camera to Phil's computer. Thankfully, as I had thought, there is no need to install the software that comes with it - that's just image editing stuff and I figured that Phil has
Adobe Photoshop anyway....
` Which he doesn't.
` So... here's a shrunken-only picture I took of myself - and my mom's kitchen ceiling - in Ohio, shortly after Danald's horrifying photos. Unfortunately, I was also suffering from an unusually severe bout of acne at the time, which is not exactly easily 'corrected' without the proper software.


` Man, I really need to cut my hair, too!

` Anyway, shortly after I got back to the apartment, I saw some pretty clouds over Possession Sound. On a clear day, you can also see the Olympic mountains, though a dark rain cloud seems to be blocking them from view.
` I think I shrunk it too much, but oh well. In addition, had the Abraham Lincoln been there at the time, you would see a huge, glowing number '
72'.


` From about 9:30 to 10 this morning, I struggled to take pictures of Butterball - er, Blubber Cookies - I mean, Butter Cookies! Only two of them weren't super-blurry.

` In this one, she is lying by Phil's computer desk in her super-riled 'I'm gonna bite you' mode:


` Unfortunately, it seems to be skewed, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps I did that by improperly reducing the size?

` Here, Butters is sitting in front of her placemat, attempting to use Cat Mind Control to get me to release the wild kibble into her dish/killing arena.


` Not a chance, pudgy!

` What else? How about a picture of what I'm looking at right now?

`
Gah! Phil's mouse just died on me. Luckily, I was able to find suitable batteries in my alarm clock, so now... here's the neighbor's apartment, which is just outside the window in front of me:


` It's been pretty cloudy lately, so you can't see the mountains. So, whenever it isn't cloudy, I shall take some more pictures of those - and, hopefully, my new apartment!
` Which reminds me... I really need to get ahold of the manager. I left a note on their door the other day, but they haven't called me back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an excellant view of Butters' 'feline bipolarity'... I can see it in her eyes!

What kind of flag is that on your neighbor's balcony? Is that supposed to be a dragon?

Blackpetunia said...

Your cat is beautiful.
I think that flag is some kind of viking symbol.

Spoony Quine said...

` Actually, it's the Welsh flag, and I think the dragon is Roman.

Monado said...

Nice pictures, especially the clouds.

It's a Welsh flag, and the red dragon is a figure in Welsh legends. Merlin is supposed to have had a vision of a red dragon fighting a white one.

heather said...

The cloud pic is awesome! I look forward to seeing the pitures of the mountains.

Your cat kinda of looks like my cat Harley...I have always loved red tabbies..

Anonymous said...

Ah, too bad about the views, guess they will change soon.

Good you put in a pic of yourself , now we can all have something to show the cops in case you get lost. ;)

But then, maybe you want to get lost for awhile.

Our unseasonal weather has gone south and it's back to nasty stuff. It's cold and it sucks.

Hugs,
Wed-nes-day

Spoony Quine said...

` Yes, I shall become lost in the mists of... mystery. Or something.

` It's been raining for 26 days straight here. But it's not too cold.

` And I noticed - one of my pictures seems to have disappeared!! I wonder where it went?
` Those free online web-hosting things, you know.... kinda shifty. You never know when you might come back to your blog and all the pictures are gone because the hosting website has disappeared!

Spoony Quine said...

` It's a neat thing to be able to do.... And very uncomplicated, too! I mean, if you can use a blog, you can figure out how to put pictures on it.
` Trust me. Aaron probably hasn't told you because... because he wants you to remain computerly-dependent on him!