Saturday, October 22, 2005

Quiz: What in the Blazes?

` This is quite simple: Now that I know that some people actually look at my blog, I'll invite them to guess what this is a picture of.
` I'm the one who ran it through with Adobe and put it up on ImageShack (plus, a larger version is set for my desktop image), and I know exactly what it is. But can you guess?

` What is this a photograph of?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

` Clue: The color of the object pictured is actually off-white - it's only colored to look like a pit in hell or something, but I assure you that it isn't any kind of fire.
` Also, it isn't cake icing, though the object in question does indeed look as if it is a frosted... object of some sort.

` And... go!

` Note: EVERYONE who comes across this post is invited to guess in my comments section. (e.g. Dory, George, Jim, Chrissy, my mother, Tom, Daniel, people I don't know.) In fact, anyone who's anyone is welcome to comment on any of my posts!
` If you're not a Blogger, remember, you can choose to post your comment as 'Other' or 'anonymous'. You don't have to have an account here! Do I make myself clear? I shall probably post the answer in the comments section later on.

11 comments:

Dory said...

Looks like a 'splashy sun-spot' to me.

Aaron said...

It's a rooster with boxing gloves!

S E E Quine said...

` Dory, what on earth is that page your name is connected to?!

Anonymous said...

It's a flower center! See you at Christmas!

cassie d said...

it looks like something oily....but it's white?
hmmm....
shampoo?

Galtron said...

I know, I know!!! It's stucco!

George said...

It looks to me like watery spaghetti sauce on a really high boil.

And besides, Dory, what on earth is that page your name is connected
to?!

Aaron said...

Ok, my last guess is creamer in coffee.

cassie d said...

okay. you're right. shampoo was dumb.

creamer sounds good.....

but what about an alka-seltzer?

S E E Quine said...

` Well... so far, only Dory - whose name is linked to something I still haven't deciphered - has actually written the proper answer. (I was hoping a couple others would join in, but they didn't get a chance.)

` It is indeed a 'splashy sun spot', as she's so cleverly put it. The 'splashes' are due to the sun's magnetic field causing hot plasma to 'bubble' outwards in a 'loop' shape.

` I am still, however, under the impression that George knows exactly what it is, as he's probably come across this very picture - and many similar ones in all different color schemes - on one of his happy astronomy websites, the Astronomy Picture of the Day.

Aaron said...

HA! SEE! I told you it was a rooster with boxing gloves!