Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I've been busy. And I like it.

` Hence, I don't update my blog with huge articles every day anymore.

` What's new with me? Well, as there is a two-week break between Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Class B and PTSD Class C, my group and I decided to do something anyway at normal class time until the new classes pick up.
` We had decided on hanging out at Clark Park. I got out there with a big sandwich and some corn chips at about fifteen 'til and they didn't show up, but at least there was this old homeless guy to talk to - I forget his name, though.
` He was nice enough - said he'd graduated from Everett High school in 1957, had moved various places, but somehow wound up back here, without any money. He was wearing a U.S. Navy Retired Veteran cap. I figured he'd been off to Viet Nam, though I didn't ask.
` After a little while he asked me if I'd had much change on me, so I gave him what little physical money I had - 26 cents.
` At some point, he said he hadn't eaten in two days, though it was right after I'd finished my sandwich, but I let him have all my chips. He wasn't too enthusiastic about eating them, though.
` I called one PTSD student on my cell phone, though she wasn't there so I left a message about how she wasn't there. The homeless guy said; "Hey, I had a cell phone at one point, but some crackhead stole it. You know, those people are so messed up they'll steal anything!"
` I thought to myself; You know, as poor as this guy is - barely living off Social Security, I think - he's not even at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder!
` Well, we went our separate ways - I went home and I think he went off to determine which church was giving out free food today.

` On another note, something odd: All kinds of stuff tends to magically appear in the elevator in our apartment building for other people to take. All that was in there when I got into it was one mere necklace hanging on a railing, though not long ago we had to cram in next to the five-foot-tall potted palm and the Raggedy Ann doll on a rocking chair!
` Most of the time, there's bags of clothing or food or books - in fact, that's where I got
the hilarious Al Franken book called LIES And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. I dig his style.
` I never know what I'm going to find next. And I can't help but think; 'How much of this stuff could go to homeless shelters?' Especially since one of these items was a $100 bill, which nobody claimed! You know?

` Well, I've got to go. I'll be back later sometime with some fun sciency/skepticy stuff.

6 comments:

jonasdiego said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Spoony Quine said...

` It's groovy.

Anonymous said...

yo. you seemed busy. hope everything is going good.

Spoony Quine said...

` Now that I have more to do, life keeps getting better and better!
` Luckily, I still have time to edit some videos, which I'm just about to do.

locomocos said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i really like your writing style!

i guess i never thought about homeless people having cell phones....

but he sure was right about the crackheads.

Spoony Quine said...

` Hey, thanks! And thanks for reminding me that the Sci Fi museum exists. I keep forgetting...